With a knack for investigative research, Elizabeth is a former public relations and marketing executive as well as a clinical practitioner in the field of alternative medicine.
A native of Los Angeles, California, Elizabeth often traveled with her father, general purpose actor James Wainwright, while he worked in television and film in the late 60’s and early 1980’s. As a young girl, the experience of seeing two worlds – one on camera and one behind the scenes – was pivotal. It was an up-close view of the power of communication, and the interplay of words, images, messaging and perception. It also gave her first-hand experience and insight into privacy issues facing those in the public spotlight.
An undergraduate degree in Communications led to an award-winning career in advertising and public relations, where Elizabeth helped clients with awareness, strategic positioning and often served as corporate spokesperson.
After many years working within both agency and corporate settings, and after founding her own successful boutique PR agency in San Diego, Elizabeth sensed that her passion and talents could be better utilized as a voice for humanitarian initiatives. While watching video of chimpanzee medical research testing, Elizabeth was devastated by what she saw and realized that her success in public relations strategy could make a difference in an area she had long cared about — animal welfare.
Elizabeth closed her business and returned to school, earning a Master of Science in Human Clinical Nutrition in 2008. The degree reflected her personal interest in health and nutrition, and for the next five years she maintained a private practice and apprenticed with a progressive MD for alternative and integrative medicine therapeutics. This path also provided her with a scientific foundation in biology and ecology, and greater insight into the connectivity between nutrition, healing, food and agriculture.
In 2013, a 60 Minutes episode on the epidemic of elephant poaching in Africa stopped her in her tracks. She suddenly understood how her experiences, education and passionate nature could be of influence and fuel a dedication to making a positive impact.
That year, she committed herself to learning as much as possible about the African poaching epidemic. An astute researcher, she developed a blog to document the truths she uncovered. She also traveled to Kenya and learned first hand about the delicate balance that exists between the people of the region, private conservancies and government wildlife agencies. It was clear to Elizabeth that in order to honor and protect the area’s wildlife that the rights of the local communities also needed to be honored and protected.
Elizabeth is currently exploring strategic partnerships in Kenya dedicated to creating change. Some of the projects include advocacy and awareness campaigns, education programs and ready-to-wear fashion initiatives.
In addition, Elizabeth continues to augment her clinical nutrition expertise through her passion for Biological Farming and High Performance Agriculture. In extreme conditions such as Eastern Africa, this has the potential for improving grassland development for animals and for food production.
Elizabeth is a seeker of truth, and in the process, uncovers the interconnectivity of healing – whether it is the body, animals or the planet. She pays close attention to astrological and geocosmic influences and how these can impact the efforts she is involved in. She is dedicated to being an advocate for local, national, and international animal welfare organizations.
“Elizabeth is always looking for a better way, a clearer path, the cutting edge and the best methodology. Never satisfied with good enough, she reaches for the best she can do and is excellent in helping others do the same.”
Marshall Lightner, Ph.D., Executive Coach and Author
As a Leader and Strategic Thinker:
- Elizabeth sees the big picture that leads to a strategic perspective;
- Skilled at researching, evaluating and synthesizing information;
- Able to see patterns in the marketplace and then define strategic opportunities;
- Able to inspire mutual agreement in complex situations and provide insights to reduce conflict;
- Counseled C-level executives (CEO, COO, CFO) as well as at the Board of Director level (multiple private and publicly traded corporations within different industry segments);
- Proven track record in positioning organizations for successful merger & acquisition initiatives.
As an Entrepreneur and Business Owner:
- Founded and led boutique high-tech public relations agency based in San Diego, named one of the fastest-growing firms in the region;
- Responsible for the generation of $3.8 million in revenue in less than four years (sans start-up capital);
- Managed all financial and client services aspects of the agency;
- Developed innovative client results reporting methodology;
- Supervised approximately 25 full, part-time and contract staff members;
- Founded Clinical Nutrition practice providing in-depth personalized consultations and therapeutic protocols in an alternative medicine, clinical setting.
As a Philanthropist:
- Deeply passionate about being of service;
- Adept at identifying organizations that are capable of creating significant change;
- Believes that the best use of a donated dollar must always be considered and measurable results delivered;
- Dedicated to finding ways to streamline efforts and seek collaboration in order to provide influential and cost-effective results;
- Persuasive communicator about the value of humanitarian efforts to influence political and public opinion.
As an Advocate:
- A passion for providing a voice for those who have none;
- A deep-seated concern for the welfare of domesticated animals and wildlife;
- A firm believer in treating animals and humans with respect;
- Understands the power of communicating the impact of real effort and results, not just another voice repeating the nature of the problem;
- Strategic ability to research and identify key positioning opportunities within the wildlife conservation arena.
As a Spokesperson:
- Poised and articulate in media interviews, on camera and in public speaking;
- Experienced in crisis communication initiatives and requirements;
- Served as producer and live on-air talent host for a healthy living segment for start-up home shopping network (weekly one-hour show);
- Responsible for the highest grossing on-air sales segment that reached approximately five million households across five significant test markets.
As a Public Relations Professional:
- Adept at identifying marketing, positioning and communication opportunities;
- Takes the time to ask questions that lead to understanding about what a target audience actually thinks;
- Skilled at communicating in a way that motivates and inspires key target audiences;
- Understands how messaging impacts perception and fuels results;
- Develops influential written works that motivate public and media opinion;
- Created innovative domestic and international product & company awareness campaigns supported by strategic media relations outreach;
- Received the prestigious “Edward L. Bernays Bronze Mark of Excellence Award” for outstanding research and evaluation tactics developed for the commercial real estate industry.
As a Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist and Educator:
- Dedicated to uncovering the truth in the field of nutrition, health and healing;
- Inspired clients to implement lifestyle changes that transformed their quality of life;
- In addition to Clinical Nutrition expertise, apprenticed as an alternative medicine practitioner;
- Well versed in conventional, alternative and energetic healing modalities;
- Expert in numerous topics including the role of environmental and infectious agents on the immune system; the impact of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) and organic, sustainable foods within the food chain and human body; and the need for increased humane treatment and monitoring in animal agriculture;
- Well attuned to the interconnectivity between nutrition, agriculture and animal welfare.
Clinical Nutrition Biography:
Elizabeth earned a biochemistry-based Masters of Science degree in Human Clinical Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport Human Nutrition Institute and a Bachelor of Arts in Communications from the University of West Florida. In addition, she has received advanced training certifications in the field of functional medicine and nutritional biochemistry that include but are not limited to: the basis for autoimmune disease, blood chemistry analysis, neurotransmitter and brain therapeutics, optimizing endocrinology and gastrointestinal integrity, and mastering thyroid health.
Her clinical certifications included the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists (CBNS) and the National Clinical Nutrition Certification Board (CNCB) as well as qualification to administer Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) services in the State of California designed to reverse chronic illness.
During her clinical career, Elizabeth strategically combined more than thirteen years of previous advertising, marketing, public relations, on-air broadcasting experience with adept clinical nutrition knowledge when working directly with the public; and consulting with diagnostic laboratories, nutritional supplement companies, food and product manufacturers, restaurants, and hotel/resorts. She was also highly proficient in uncovering astrological and energetic influences as they pertained to mastering both mental and physical health and wellbeing for her patients.
Elizabeth has been an influential board member with the National Council for Geocosmic Research (NCGR) San Diego Chapter, and a member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), American College of Nutrition (ACN), International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists (IAACN), Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation (PPNF), The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), and the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM).